Oh that's right, liberals neever argued with facts, only emotional "feel-good" arguments, or conversely, emotional, hate-filled, ad hominem attacks Trying to argue with a liberal is like trying to grasp a handful of water. LIberals believe their own assumptions over any clearly established bacts.
Dennis Miller was correct in his assessment of liberal logic (an oxymoron, if I've ever heard one), liberals believe their own guess-work. Facts are to be ignored if they contradict liberal doctrine and to be cited ad nauseum if, on the rare occasion, they actually support the liberal's point of view.
- Anyone who questions affirmative action or entitlements is a racist and therefore to be hated.
- Anyone who opposes the gay rights agenda, or gay marriage, is a homophobe and therefore to be hated.
- Anyone who doesn't agree with a liberal is either a moron (to be made fun of, dismissed, or re-educated, or just possibly, even pitied), or evil (and thus to behated).
- The Biased Federal Supreme Court (rather than the altruistic, agendaless, unbiased Florida State Supreme Court) gave the election to Bush. Therefore he is evil, illegitimate, and to be hated.
- George Bush liked to party when he was younger (unlike all of those sober, studious, and angelic liberals) so he is an alcoholic dope-fiend who is probably still under the influence in office, and therefore to be hated.
- Anyone who doesn't toe the Sierra Club/Wildlife Federation/GreenPeace line and call for the immediate end to all hydrocarbon consumption regardless of the socio-economic impact (hey, just raise taxes on the rich to take care of all those unemployed) is evil, and therefore to be hated.
Those people liberals don't hate, "the public," they hold in contempt. The commonman, they believe, is incapable of taking care of himself in any significant way and therefore, it falls to liberals to do their thinking for them and to take them under their protective care--see to their every need.
It's the old "Patrician Government" so common in the socialist era. The question can be asked, "Do liberals love anyone?
Well . . . yes . . . they love the French. They love Castro. They used to love the Soviets, but they hate them now, because their collapse proved once and for all the fallacies of socialism.
They love trees (they hug them all the time), often to the exclusion to human beings and they love the Kyoto Accords (even though adopting them would bankrupt the American economy--Ooh! Those awful Americans).
Long Live Our American Republic!!!!