The saddest joke ever played on the American people just gets sadder and sadder. President Obama, typical of most liberals with their level of maturity locked at about 10 years old, has decided to latch on to Mitt Romney's mention of Big Bird in last Wednesday's debate and use it as a campaign issue.
Let's get this straight, President Obama is attacking Mitt Romney for mentioning Big Bird as an example of things the federal government is funding and should not be . . . as though the threat to Big Bird is a major issue . . . MEANWHILE:
- Unemployment is "7.8%" (certain to be revised upwards, post election)
- REAL unemployment, that unemployment number which doesn't dismiss as unworthy of being counted the 7 million people who have given up all hope and stopped looking for work stands at over 14%. [I guess Obama doesn't care enough to bother counting them]
- Labor force participation is at a 30-year low.
- The national debt is over 16 Trillion dollars and
- We are adding over 1 Trillion dollars each year to it.
- Israel is on the verge of going to war with Iran.
- Iran is threatening all Persian Gulf traffic
- Our ambassador to Libya was murdered (after being raped and beaten repeatedly) along with members of his security team over 2 weeks ago and the investigation STILL hasn't gotten started,
- Turkey and Syria are exchanging fire and Turkey has described the situation as a "worst case scenario" playing out in Syria.
- The Syrian government is killing its own citizens by the thousands
- Al Qaeda has moved into Syria (as well as Libya) and is positioning itself to build a power base there in alliance with the Muslim Brotherhood and other less radical groups.
- The economy remains in the tank and under the continued threat of a "double-dip recession"
- Healthcare costs continue to rise and record rates
- Doctors are refusing to accept new Medicare patients because of low compensation rates [and now Obama has cut $716 Billion from it--most from doctor and hospital compensation]
- Fuel costs have doubled [Obama is on record advocating high prices to force conservation]
- Food Stamps up
- Sorry, just not enough time or room to mention everything bad that bears the Obama stamp
Are you serious? Can it get any more pathetic. Democrats are like spoiled, mean-spirited little children--certainly they reflect that level of maturity.
"Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah. You attacked Big Bird, you mean old man."Isn't it time to get the adults back in charge? Isn't it time we have a serious, MATURE, conversation about the issues? Okay, I know that's now what Obama and the Democrats want, they tried that last Wednesday and Obama didn't fare so well.
That the press isn't serious about reporting the truth, but prefers the role of cheerleader, makes it even worse. President Obama and the Democrats couldn't get away with their "Seinfeld campaign" (a campaign about nothing--other than smearing a good man's reputation) without the willing assistance of those in the so-called "Fourth Estate" [more like the Democrat Party Bureau of Propaganda].
If by some bizarre fluke, Obama gets reelected, well then the American voters will get the "shared sacrifice" they promise as well as the shared lives of quiet desperation and misery that invariably accompanies it. Not something I look forward to.
Long Live Our American Republic!!!!